TECALEMIT’s Bulk Transfer Mobile Dolly
The PRO-5000 for Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a well-known chemical, commonly known to people as an antimicrobial used at home to treat small cuts. But did you know that it has industrial uses as well?
When H2O2 is made at very high concentration levels (in excess of 35% concentration – common household H2O2 is 3% or less), it can be used in a lot of applications, including the following:
- Metal Industry
- In the metal industry, hydrogen peroxide is combined with sulphuric acid for the chemical polishing and pickling of certain metals. The solution is typically used on metals such as brass, copper, and copper alloys.
- Food Manufacturing
- This industry usually uses a food grade hydrogen peroxide solution. Hydrogen peroxide solutions are typically used to bleach food ingredients such as flour, gelatin, and fruit. In wine distillation, it is used to neutralize the basic by-products of the process. Hydrogen peroxide solutions are also used to control the viscosity of starch and cellulose derivatives.
- Rocket Fuel
- In the aeronautical industry, hydrogen peroxide solutions of 90% and above are used in the propulsion of rockets during travel.
- Textile Manufacturing
- Hydrogen peroxide solutions are used for their bleaching properties in the textile industry as well. The chemical is used to bleach feathers, textiles, and fur. In some cases, hydroxide peroxide also has a deodorizing effect.
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Whether in a laboratory setting or an industrial scale, hydrogen peroxide is used to manufacture a variety of chemicals. This includes organic and inorganic peroxides, glycerol, acetone, and antichlor. Hydrogen peroxide is also used as a catalyst in analytical chemistry projects designed to detect the presence of trace metals. As a reagent, hydrogen peroxide is typically included in reactions such as epoxidation, hydroxylation, oxidation, and reduction.
- The Manufacture of Sanitizing Chemicals
- Based on hydrogen peroxide’s antimicrobial properties, it’s often used in the manufacturing of soaps, detergents, and disinfectants. It also has a bleaching effect when used to produce clear cleaning products.
- Paper Manufacturing
- The main purpose of hydrogen peroxide solutions in the paper manufacturing industry is as a bleaching agent. It’s used to bleach wood pulp and the paper that is manufactured from it.
- Wastewater Treatment
- For the treatment of wastewater, hydrogen peroxide solutions can be used as a substitute for chlorine. Based on its oxidizing properties, the chemical effectively removes organic compounds that are the source of noxious odors.
Because many industries have a need for it, TECALEMIT’s Bulk Transfer Mobile Dolly, the PRO-5000, was created to handle H2O2! This hi-flow unit is mobile, heavy duty, and ready to go to work. It can be customized to fit your needs. These units are designed to handle bulk-to-tote, tote-to-tote, or bulk dispensing. Need your own PRO-5000 dolly? Email us at email@example.com or click the button in the bottom righthand corner to chat with us!